Missa 1. pro festis Natalitiis
(back to Georgius Zrunek)
The first Mass from Harmonia pastoralis — Prosae pastorales is by far Zrunek’s most widely-performed and acclaimed work.
It has been transcribed in several editions and is regularly performed in Slovakia and the neighboring region (and very occasionally elsewhere too!)
UPDATE! I have released a new, freely-available score for this work,
now available at asgengraving.com.
This score has been cross-checked against the three other scores below, and the text verified by Marek Klein of Gregoriana.
There are four known modern scores for this work:
View the complete text of this work, including an English translation of the Slovak.
(You can also compare the text of the various different editions.)
The following recordings have been released on CD. Click on the image for more details:
Brno Chamber Orchestra
Ars Brunensis Chorus
Prague Madrigal Singers
The following recordings are available on YouTube:
Chorus Augustini Marianka
- 21 Dec 2014 at the Basilica of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Marianka, Bratislava — (Watch)
- 19 Dec 2014 in Zilina — (Watch)
[partial: includes part of the Gloria only]
Nová cesta Libice o.s. and J.V.Stamice Music School
- 22 Dec 2013 at the Church of St. Giles in Libice nad Doubravou — (Watch)
Kadaň singers and orchestra
- 22 Dec 2013 at the Franciscan monastery in Kadaň — (Watch) (Alternate)
- 21 Dec 2013 in Klášterec nad Ohri — (Watch)
[partial: includes Kyrie, Gloria, and Credo]
- 16 Dec 2013 in Perštejn — (Watch)
[partial: includes Kyrie and Gloria until “Cum Sancto Spiritu”]
- Oct? 2011 at an unknown location — (Watch)
[partial: includes Kyrie and Gloria until “bonae voluntatis”]
Here are some performances of the piece without formal recordings: